Looking for an introductory MyPlate lesson? If so, you’ll love this free downloadable resource from Learning ZoneXpress. This is a great resource for nutrition educators and health professionals to encourage “eating for the health of it.” It includes 12 short lessons covering the following MyPlate messages:
- Message One: ChooseMyPlate.gov – Let’s eat for the health of it
- Message Two: Eat the right amount of calories for you
- Message Three: Enjoy your food, but eat less
- Message Four: Avoid oversized portions
- Message Five: Foods to eat more often/Foods to eat less often
- Message Six: Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Message Seven: Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
- Message Eight: Make half your grains whole grains
- Message Nine: Choose a variety of protein foods
- Message Ten: Compare sodium in foods
- Message Eleven: Drink water instead of sugary drinks
- Message Twelve: Be physically active your way
This free 8-page lesson was designed by Learning ZoneXpress alongside the MyPlate Bulletin Board Kit. It’s a great introductory lesson to the MyPlate food icon that replaced the food pyramid in 2011.
If you are interested in purchasing the MyPlate Bulletin Board Kit with this lesson, you may do so at www.learningzonexpress.com.